Thursday, May 24, 2012

Forgiven and Clean


May 23, 2012

Each of the following devotionals, Jody and I have read and been inspired by, through “The Upper Room”.  So much so, we wish to share them with all our friends!  Enjoy and learn with us…

Read Psalm 103:7-18 (NIV)

As far as the east is from the west, so far has the Lord removed our transgressions from us.  – Psalm 103:12 (NIV)

Today I was working in the garden and getting down and dirty while planting the corn, green beans, lettuce, peas, carrots, tomatoes, etc.  When I went into the house to wash all the dirt off my hands, I just couldn’t get that dirt from underneath my fingernails.   No matter how hard I scrubbed I just couldn’t get all that dirt out of there.  This really got me thinking about the verse above that Jody read to me a few nights ago.  It hit home as to how the Lord has removed our sins, but I, a humble man can’t even get the little dirt off my hands.  What a wonderful thing the Lord has done for all mankind. 

Our own attempts to wash away our shame or cover our sin cannot succeed.  But the forgiveness God offers is above exceptional, excellent, extraordinary, and thorough.  I need to be cleaned of the guilt and released from the power of sin, and only God can do that.  Each of us can confess our failures to God in prayer and be cleansed and forgiven.  God is GREAT!!!!

Thought For The Day

Only God can wash away the stain of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment